New School Building
The trustees felt that a school building was needed for the following reasons.
- As admissions increased, rented buildings did not have adequate accommodation capacity.
- If and when possible, the school wanted to admit more than just one child per underprivileged family.
- The School administration wanted to have certain permanent facilities such as a computer room, a library and a science laboratory, difficult to establish in rented accommodation.
- A playground for the children was difficult to find in rented accommodation.
- After Class 5 girls and boys needed to be separated so even larger accommodation space was needed.
- Raja Qaiser Ghaffar and Mrs. Sadia Qaiser, founder Principal of HOL School,donated 10,000 sq yards of land in memory of their late grand father, Mr Said Akber Khan (1905-1999).
- In 2014, the Japanese Embassy donated, through its GGP program, a major part of funds for the construction of the new school. The work that fell beyond Japanese funding was completed through other donations.
- The first Phase of the House of Light School was completed in March 2015.
- We thank our following donors:
- The GGP Program of the Embassy of Japan in Pakistan. Rs 10,700,000
Senate Development Funds provided by Senator Mushahid Hussain Sayed
Mr Salim Masood, USA
Mr M. Muhammad Tufail & Mrs Bilqis Tufail, USA
View of Phase 1
Inauguration of New Campus
The first Phase of new campus was completed with the assistance of:
- The GGP Program of the Embassy of Japan in Pakistan (Rs 107,000,000).
- Senate Development Funds provided by Senator Mushahid Hussain Sayed (Rs 4,000,000).
- Mr Salim Masood, USA (Rs 2,200,000).
- Mr M. Muhammad Tufail & Mrs Bilqis Tufail, USA (Rs 1,400,000).
- Horizon Education for Pakistan (HEfP) and other donors.
The inauguration of the new campus was done by His Exellency Mr. Hiroshi Inomata, Ambassador of Japan in Pakistan on 27th August 2015.