Student Selection Criteria
The selection committee comprises of 4 respected members of the local community. They visit the homes of the poorest families in the village and choose from 20 to 25 children every year. The Principal of the school then visits each family and takes her decision which she submits to the Trust. The Trust takes the final decision.
Criteria for the Selection Committee:
- The child should be between 3.5 to 5 years old.
- Orphans and single parent children get priority.
- Children of a disabled parent or parents get priority.
- Only one child from each family is eligible. The reason being that the school can only admit a limited number of children.
- Children of government servants are not eligible.
- Children of families doing business and commerce and making a reasonable living are not eligible.
- Children of the local community get priority.